Friday, May 20, 2011

Recognizing Miracles

Do you want to live a healthier more productive life?  Do you want your dreams to come true?

Albert Einstein once said, “There are two ways to look at life.  Either everything is a miracle or nothing is a miracle.”   I prefer to believe in miracles.  If you are a believer in miracles then I invite you to do the most selfish act that I am aware of, the act of being grateful. 

Gratitude is one of the healthiest things I’ve done for myself.  Gratitude reduces stress, which, in itself can lengthen my life.  Gratitude comforts me and makes me feel loved and, in turn, makes me happier and more successful which attracts other happy successful people into my life. 

Gratitude is not just an idea but a rich verb that has changed my life for the better.  Most people “do” gratitude fleetingly and then they’re on to the next attainment, but if anyone truly wants to meet their goals, they must learn to be grateful.  Every morning I write a gratitude list.  Every morning my gratitude list gets longer and more detailed.  Making this list is like tilling the soil of my spirit, allowing me to feel closer to the people in my life and the people that I draw into my life in the future. 

As a cancer survivor, I can say that gratitude is magnified when faced with a life threatening illness.  The kindness of people, the workings of our healthy bodies, sunsets, laughter, and the smell of roses or fresh baked bread are all sources of gratitude to me now.  I want to bask in that feeling and reap the selfish rewards.  I want to look people in the eye, clasp their hand, give a hug and let them know how much they really mean to me.

The more grateful I become the more successful I become.  The more grateful I become the more prosperous I become.  The more grateful I become the more generous and loving I become.  The more grateful I become the healthier my body grows. 

I believe that everything is a miracle and I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is very good! What a great way to explain gratitude and how it can be used to enrich our life. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might just start my own gratitude list. I'm not a morning person so.. it might just lift my spirits a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete